Thursday, July 14, 2011

Bits & Bobs

By now, FATV staff and I feel like we've developed a pretty nice idea of responsibilities for the intern. I'm that helping hand that's been given tasks to keep busy, but I've been trained enough to become more of a 'right hand man.' My senior producers have a better understanding of my editing and basic sports knowledge that I can now be given my own assignments. Since last week, editing a few 5-a-side pieces, it's been fantastic to actually produce packages -- at those using some editing flare. This week, however, has been less eventful, yet full of little bits and bobs to keep us moving around the office.

Tuesday was scheduling day. I actually felt pretty useful, creating monthly calendars and inserting appropriate dates, events and plans from scratch. These are being used as the year-long logs of each videographers' daily tasks/assignments, big events and published pieces. I also made a projected four-month calendar to help them budget time for the upcoming FATV projects.

Wednesday was not so eventful. I spent the majority of my time typing up a suggestion list for FATV to leave when I head back to the States. Daisy asked me to compile any suggestions or comments I care to share, based on my internship these past few months. It was refreshing to be asked for such a list because it shows care, to want to know my point of view, and forward-thinking, to always be looking for ways to improve an organization.

Thursday started off strong. Three of us met, bright and early at 8 a.m., at the Kings Arms pub on Roupell Street to interview a reknown English comedian. Jason Manford is also a Manchester City fan, so we interviewed him about his current professional projects, as well as his insight on the Man City roster and the upcoming Community Shield (Man City vs. Man United). Back in the office, I actively watched the editing of the Manford interview and finished labeling the kits with the FATV stickers.

No comments:

Post a Comment