Friday, August 5, 2011

Leaving Wembley - Thanks for Everything

I've been saying all summer that I've learned a lot and have been able to experience so much with this internship, but I don't think I've stressed enough how honored I am to have worked for The FA and FATV.

Every week has been a progression of tasks and assignments, editing and producing, filming shoots and meeting incredible people. I began by purely shadowing my coworkers, learning the systematic process of the organization: how they cover an event, what angles they get, what shots they end up using what they choose to focus on and how the end product is promoted. It's quite a creative and strategic process that I find intriguing. FATV is simply an outlet for a visual man's creativity, with an England football filter. Gradually, I've learned the most accurate method of booming, how to color correct and add movement to an otherwise stagnent piece, man an EX3, and produce a handful of short videos.

My greatest achievement I've been most proud of is working alongside the chaps at The FA. I've never been in a work environment so welcoming and caring, so needless to say, today's been a very difficult day to say goodbye. This job exposes you to some of the most influential and well-known footballers in the country and gets you in the action for games, but doing all this with the corky and sarcastic personalities here have made it all infinitely more enjoyable. I'll never forget the friends I've made with The FA and hope that we all keep in touch.

Lesson learned: The job you end up taking should be something you enjoy, but it's not everything. Creating relationships with the people you surround yourself by may be the only thing that matters in the long run.

Thank you for everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment