Wednesday, June 29, 2011

I'm Published!



It's my fourth week interning at FATV and I finally have something to show for it! All the shadowing, infested with my endless questions on videography, have paid off and Joe has let me take a stab at editing a weekly 5-a-side feature. This week's footballer: Theo Walcott. The editing was pretty cut and dry, piecing together Theo's soundbites, back to back, coloring them with photos of his chosen football stars he'd put in his ideal 5-a-side team. 

I love this continuing feature for The FA because it shows consistency in viewership and allows England's thousands of fans to get to know their players. If there's anything I've learned from this internship, it's that football is part of British culture. Ask anyone. Chances are, they know football. They probably have a favorite team. If they have a favorite team, they're probably die-hards. They've been to at least one game - or too many to count - and know all of the team-specific chants/songs. Football is the headline of Sky Sports everyday. 

More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment