Monday, May 30, 2011

Pet Peeve of the Day

In the UK, everyone clearly drives on the left side of the road... but on the sidewalk, it's free-for-all. I can see people coming at me from a distance, but no one ever seems to flinch from their pathway. When I choose to take the left side of the sidewalk, there is always walking toward me in my lane. When I take the right lane, the same thing. I've even began walking in the middle of the sidewalk and still find myself in the way. No one seems to move for you, either. It's like if you decided to play chicken and see who would dodge out of the way first, you'll lose. Rarely will someone move out of the way for you. This is the worst when I'm running outside, trying to get to the park where there's much more room for pedestrians. People will see you coming at them, clearly at a quicker pace, and still maintain the same course. It's a pet peeve, maybe my biggest pet peeve here. Regardless, I should be thankful if walking the sidewalks is my biggest nuisance of the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment